" ...though we travel the world to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us, or we find it not "
Emerson (1803-1882)

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fairly frosty/Nicely icey


It's getting colder now. Most mornings are below zero, (we've had a couple at -5C already so far) with snow on the mountain tops all around.  Makes for a fresh start to the day as you step out of an unheated cabin. But when the sun emerges between the nearby peaks as you drive along the icey riverside tracks... well it ain't too bad!  It's ideal for the dogs as the colder the better as far as they're concerned.  We are driving the teams about 17km daily now; this is nothing much - these huskies are born running machines and capable of up to 30km daily, no problem, if trained for it.  

When the snow comes proper I'll be moving to pastures new - not sure in which direction yet, but I'll keep you posted :)

I'll try and post an icey pic to accompany this - seems the best shot is still on my camera and since I left my jazzy USB pic loader in the cabin in the woods when I headed to the city this weekend....blah, blah, sorry no pic... watch this space! ....(there you go: frosty pic duly added ;))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen, lovely to get some posts after a small gap. Glad to see you're still having fun! Keep up the good work. Edie likes looking at all the doggy pictures!

Helen Jewell said...

Hi Tabs - I will find you on your website too.... :) thanks, and glad you enjoying it. I am back in Brissle Dec.... lets have a cuppa and some cake. I can tell Edie some husky tails..... ;)