" ...though we travel the world to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us, or we find it not "
Emerson (1803-1882)

Friday, December 07, 2007

Englishness


Well, you know it´s time to pack your bags when you run out of the good stuff.... Marmite, Food Of The Gods and imported with me to various countries wherever I go (and whatever they may say - Vegemite is NOT the same!). I have converted the most disbelieving folk to Marmite in some strange places. I guess at an arctic field base then the sheer NOVELTY of it was enough.


Anyhow, this jar I brought with me to Iceland is almost empty. I leave 16 Dec for new supplies....

1 comment:

VN said...

Jaysis, marmite is almost unedible for some like me. But I like the jar. Have a nice time home. I am also leaving soon to the mainland for fresh supplies. Beijinhos, V