" ...though we travel the world to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us, or we find it not "
Emerson (1803-1882)

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Godt nytt år!


Happy New Year 2011 to one and all!!

My New Years Resolution is to try and update the blogsite a bit more. Last year I was rather hopeless - sorry for all of you who actually do have a sneaky peek at the webpages here now and again. I'll try better!!!

(and if you were wondering where I have been, I have been busy moving from the mountains and cold and frosty inlands of Bardu... to.... the big city of TROMSØ ;))

So, it could be nice to have the change. The dog seems a little glad of the warmer temperatures (it can be 10C warmer at the coast) and so far so good.

....am looking for work and a roof over my head. Will keep you posted...
__________________________

In seasonal style, to clear my head from a hectic but lovely U.K. visit home I took a lovely New Years Eve tour inland, with Per Olav and Helene. It was a most beautiful ski-in, to a hut in the mountains, with most of the trip above treeline and bathed in winter light. However, on arriving at this remote hut, 30K from anywhere, I got very ill with a cold that I had thought was over before I had set off skiing on 29th Dec., but was certainly not even started by then! So, I was in a sort of delirious and feverish haze over New Years Eve itself. Not a great start to 2011.
And so I relied on the dog to haul my aching bones out on Jan.1st. He worked like a soldier, and I swear he thought he was back in a long distance race situation, as we were following dog sled tracks most of the way, and were meeting huskies and people with pulks at several places. So, with 14-year old Dovre feeling himself inspired and pulling me along like a sack of spuds on skates (?!), I needed only to brake on my skies (oh, and cough and splutter all the way back...).

And now: now it is serious Find A Job Helen time.

(watch this space!)

p.s. hope you like the new blogdesign ;)x

No comments: