" ...though we travel the world to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us, or we find it not "
Emerson (1803-1882)

Monday, February 16, 2009

Målselv fjellandsby (mountain town)

I was up on the local ski-hill yesterday, admiring the hills.  I was out 'XC skiing' again (I tend NOT to stay on the 'XC' tracks yet somehow find myself wandering upwards through the woods, to see the mountains better ;)).  I was rewarded with some stunning sunshine and a great overview. 

So, here is the view towards town (Heggelia is almost dead centre of the pic, across the valley and 'beneath' the pointy big mountain [if you click on the photo here you can see more detail: Heggelia is on the left of the main town of Andselv, which is clearly seen as the houses on the right hand side]), also other vistas, some ptarmigan (the white blobs on the 5th photo down :)), reindeer tracks, etc.

ps. I am not wearing a skirt in the photo above (heaven forbid!)... the Viking Stance shadow is due to my jacket round the waist! (just in case of wierd comments!).










No comments: