" ...though we travel the world to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us, or we find it not "
Emerson (1803-1882)

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rostadalur hut tour


Well, it was a coolish weekend, (of about -18C, plus wind chill) and a visiting friend and I take a XC (XC!) ski tour up the local dalur to a nice, wee hut in the hills, just above treeline ('above the trees' is, apparently, 'where men wash the dishes best', I was informed...)

the frozen smile ('frozen', because my face muscles were a bit frozen, true enough)

extreme bridge-crossing



instant mousse - hut treat and easy to 'chill' on this trip :)





fox prints

The day after the ski trip, we helped with the Målselv rescue dog team. 


first you get into a snow-hole
then you are literally 'buried alive'



(hmmm :) out of the wind and cosy)

but not for long (well, if the dog is well trained!)...

for dogs digging me from my snowy shelter see also: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnNfYeqD8SBA (cut and paste this link to your browser, as I don't think it is a live link)


a good weekend, with just a touch of frost :)

No comments: